I have rvm + rails + nginx + passenger + unicorn + capistrano which
I've configured for my server.
Can you tell how do migrate to another server with all this farm?

  • Nikolay at Jan 6, 2012 at 2:05 pm
    or is there a tool to pack the config to setup on another server?
    Any solution, please.

  • Daniel Negri at Jan 6, 2012 at 6:15 pm
    Okay, your server is on the cloud, something like Linode, Heroku, Amazon?
    There is one good solution and one perfect solution. The good is working at
    VM's and cloning it, the perfect solution is work with automation tools
    like Puppet or Chef.

    Personaly, me and my team are administrating 2,000 VM's with Puppet and
    Ganeti with very success, in future we will migrate to OpenNebula or
    OpenStack.

    If you have some doubts about it, please send one note.
    --
    Daniel Negri
    e: danielgomesnegri@gmail.com <danielnegri@gmail.com>