I have an interesting question and I am not sure if it is even
possible to accomplish but thought
would give you guys a look at it.

I have four objects here 2 Teams and 2 AthleteTeams associations

what I need to do is test to see if the team objects are = to the
associations

#<Team:0x007fcbe117cfa0>
#<Team:0x007fcbe117ca00>
#<AthleteTeam:0x007fcbe0ff44f8>
#<AthleteTeam:0x007fcbe0ff3d50>

here are the four objects
need to do something that says does AthleteTeam.include(team)

any help would be appreciated.

  • Colin Law at Jan 7, 2012 at 8:43 am

    I have an interesting question and I am not sure if it is even
    possible to accomplish but thought
    would give you guys a look at it.

    I have four objects here 2 Teams and 2 AthleteTeams associations

    what I need to do is test to see if the team objects are = to the
    associations
    What do you mean by the Team being equal to the AthleteTeam? They are
    different classes so cannot be equal. Do you mean that the team
    belonging to the athleteteam is that team? If so then something like
    if @athlete_team.team.id = @team.id
    should do the trick.

    Colin