_1.css.csss
application.css
application_internet.css
application_intranet.css
1.css.scss
2.css.scss
3.css.scss

intranet and internet are directories.
In my layout I want to exclude the files under internet and intranet.
I have created
application_internet.css

/*
* application-internet.css
*
*= require_self
*= require_tree ./internet
*/

and applicatiion_intranet.css

/*
* application-intranet.css
*
*= require_self
*= require_tree ./intranet
*/

to include only the css under the two directories.

application.css is:

*= require_self
*= require colorbox
*= require jquery.multiselect
*= require superfish
*= require_directory .
*/

What can I do if I want to exclude the files under internet and
intranet directories?

  • Ralph Shnelvar at Jan 5, 2012 at 5:24 pm

    M> In my assets I have

    M> intranet
    M> |_1.css.scss
    M> |_2.css.scss
    M> internet
    M> |_1.css.csss
    M> application.css
    M> application_internet.css
    M> application_intranet.css
    M> 1.css.scss
    M> 2.css.scss
    M> 3.css.scss

    M> intranet and internet are directories.
    M> In my layout I want to exclude the files under internet and intranet.
    M> I have created
    M> application_internet.css

    M> /*
    M> * application-internet.css
    M> *
    M> *= require_self
    M> *= require_tree ./internet
    M> */

    M> and applicatiion_intranet.css

    M> /*
    M> * application-intranet.css
    M> *
    M> *= require_self
    M> *= require_tree ./intranet
    M> */

    M> to include only the css under the two directories.

    M> application.css is:

    M> *= require_self
    M> *= require colorbox
    M> *= require jquery.multiselect
    M> *= require superfish
    M> *= require_directory .
    M> */

    M> What can I do if I want to exclude the files under internet and
    M> intranet directories?

    You might find this video useful: http://railscasts.com/episodes/282-upgrading-to-rails-3-1?autoplay=true

    Best,

    ralph

  • Mauro at Jan 5, 2012 at 11:37 pm

    On 5 January 2012 18:24, Ralph Shnelvar wrote:

    M> In my assets I have

    M> intranet
    M>   |_1.css.scss
    M>   |_2.css.scss
    M> internet
    M>   |_1.css.csss
    M> application.css
    M> application_internet.css
    M> application_intranet.css
    M> 1.css.scss
    M> 2.css.scss
    M> 3.css.scss

    M> intranet and internet are directories.
    M> In my layout I want to exclude the files under internet and intranet.
    M> I have created
    M> application_internet.css

    M> /*
    M>  * application-internet.css
    M>  *
    M>  *= require_self
    M>  *= require_tree ./internet
    M> */

    M> and applicatiion_intranet.css

    M> /*
    M>  * application-intranet.css
    M>  *
    M>  *= require_self
    M>  *= require_tree ./intranet
    M> */

    M> to include only the css under the two directories.

    M> application.css is:

    M> *= require_self
    M>  *= require colorbox
    M>  *= require jquery.multiselect
    M>  *= require superfish
    M>  *= require_directory .
    M> */

    M> What can I do if I want to exclude the files under internet and
    M> intranet directories?

    You might find this video useful: http://railscasts.com/episodes/282-upgrading-to-rails-3-1?autoplay=true
    I know that video and don't help me.

  • Brynjolfur Thorvardsson at Jan 6, 2012 at 7:10 am
    Well, the easiest way would be to simply remove the files you don't want to use?

    You might also try using a dynamic css, if you rename your application.css to application.css.erb it will still work as before but now you can embed ruby code. If your other css files have a different ending (e.g. .dcss) they won't be loaded automatically, but you can include them in your application.css.erb file with simple render statements, possibly something like:

    On 5 January 2012 18:24, Ralph Shnelvar wrote:

    M> In my assets I have

    M> intranet
    M> |_1.css.scss
    M> |_2.css.scss
    M> internet
    M> |_1.css.csss
    M> application.css
    M> application_internet.css
    M> application_intranet.css
    M> 1.css.scss
    M> 2.css.scss
    M> 3.css.scss

    M> intranet and internet are directories.
    M> In my layout I want to exclude the files under internet and intranet.
    M> I have created
    M> application_internet.css

    M> /*
    M> * application-internet.css
    M> *
    M> *= require_self
    M> *= require_tree ./internet
    M> */

    M> and applicatiion_intranet.css

    M> /*
    M> * application-intranet.css
    M> *
    M> *= require_self
    M> *= require_tree ./intranet
    M> */

    M> to include only the css under the two directories.

    M> application.css is:

    M> *= require_self
    M> *= require colorbox
    M> *= require jquery.multiselect
    M> *= require superfish
    M> *= require_directory .
    M> */

    M> What can I do if I want to exclude the files under internet and
    M> intranet directories?

    You might find this video useful:
    http://railscasts.com/episodes/282-upgrading-to-rails-3-1?autoplay=tru
    I know that video and don't help me.