I have to develop an application which fetches all the images, pdf, cgi,
etc. file extension links from website.

Can anybody guide me from where should I begin?

  • Felipe Fontoura at Jan 4, 2012 at 11:45 am
    You can find usefully information at
    http://railscasts.com/episodes?utf8=%E2%9C%93&search=nokogiri

    Specially Mechanize

    []'s

    ---
    Felipe Fontoura
    Eng. de Computação
    http://www.felipefontoura.com

    I have to develop an application which fetches all the images, pdf, cgi,
    etc. file extension links from website.

    Can anybody guide me from where should I begin?

  • Peter Hickman at Jan 4, 2012 at 12:10 pm
    Well wget has a mirror mode that will clone a website

    wget --mirror http://www.example.com

    or you could look at nutch (http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/) which is a
    web crawler for building searches.

  • Cyber y. at Jan 5, 2012 at 9:42 am
    I am working on an application where I have to

    1) get all the links of website
    2) and then get the list of all the files and file extensions in each
    of the web page/link.

    I am done with the first part of it :)
    now I have to get the all the files/file-extensions in each of the
    page.

    Can anybody guide me how to parse the links/webpage and get the file-
    extensions in the page?

  • Peter Hickman at Jan 5, 2012 at 9:48 am
    Is it me or has this particular homework question turned up a few times already?

    Hint: This has been asked and answered before quite recently
    (yesterday even) so try reading the mailing list.