I have always worked with Rails on Ubuntu but now I am forced to use
Windows 7. So I was wondering if it possible to use Windows 7 as the
OS for development. Is it?

I installed all the required bits but now I am struggeling to get
WebRick and/or Mongrell working.

It seems to start fine but fails to serve any requests. The page just
start to load for a long time and ends with timeout.

D:\wcs\crc4d>ruby script/server
=> Booting Mongrel
=> Rails 2.3.11 application starting on http://0.0.0.0:3000
=> Call with -d to detach
=> Ctrl-C to shutdown server

I expected WebRick/Mongrel to start serving requests at http://localhost:3000
with that command but nothing seems to be happening.

Can it be done?

RubyGems: 1.3.7
ruby 1.8.7 (2011-12-28 patchlevel 357) [i386-mingw32]
Rails 2.3.11

actionmailer (2.3.11)
actionpack (2.3.11)
activerecord (2.3.11)