Hi ,

I m unable to install rails by using rvm(ruby version manager ).

*Error im getting :
*
gem install rails
ERROR: Loading command: install (LoadError)
no such file to load -- zlib
ERROR: While executing gem ... (NameError)
uninitialized constant Gem::Commands::InstallCommand

My cuurent ruby version : 1.9.2
gem version : 1.8.0

Thanks,
Sai

  • Colin Law at Jan 3, 2012 at 3:00 pm

    I m unable to install rails by using rvm(ruby version manager ).

    Error im getting :

    gem install rails
    ERROR:  Loading command: install (LoadError)
    no such file to load -- zlib
    Googling for
    rvm no such file to load zlib
    finds links that will probably help.

    Colin

  • StephanParis at Jan 3, 2012 at 8:35 pm
    I got the same problem, i think it's something with rubygems that is
    not compiled correctly but so far i can't find the fix.