Does anybody know of a way to populate fixtures with seed data? I've put a
great deal of time and thought into the seeds.rb code - it sure would be
handy to run tests on that data. I'm hoping to not have to somehow
duplicate seed data in the YML files.

thanks!

  • Robert Walker at Dec 27, 2011 at 7:14 am

    Chris Downey wrote in post #1038285:
    Does anybody know of a way to populate fixtures with seed data? I've
    put a
    great deal of time and thought into the seeds.rb code - it sure would be
    handy to run tests on that data. I'm hoping to not have to somehow
    duplicate seed data in the YML files.
    This really doesn't make sense, in my opinion. Seed data and test data
    are two separate things. Test data should be tailored specifically for
    the tests you actually write. In fact I don't actually use fixture data
    at all. Instead I use test data factories using a gem such as Factory
    Girl.

    https://github.com/thoughtbot/factory_girl_rails