I'm trying to move my app to a new server, and in the deploy.rb file I
updated the hostname to reflect the new server. However, when I run
any cap task it still contacts the old server no matter what, and I
can't figure out why this is. There is no reference to the old server
anywhere I can see.

  • Craig White at Dec 27, 2011 at 2:18 am

    I'm trying to move my app to a new server, and in the deploy.rb file I
    updated the hostname to reflect the new server. However, when I run
    any cap task it still contacts the old server no matter what, and I
    can't figure out why this is. There is no reference to the old server
    anywhere I can see.
    ----
    did you have a subversion or git server on your old server so there
    remain references to that server?

    did you run a recursive grep to search for references?

    grep -r OLD_SERVER_NAME /path/to/RAILS_ROOT

    Craig

    believed to be clean.