I am attempting to port a Rails 2.3.8 application to 3.1.2

In my 2.3.8 app I am able to play videos ... no problem.

In 3.1.2, I am not.

I have read
http://rubydoc.info/gems/jw_player_helper/0.0.1/file/README.markdown and
the documentation there says,
":file => "relative path to file (for example: /video/pf2011.flv)".

But relative to what? in 2.3.8 it was relative to public. I have tried
placing it relative public and app/asset. Neither seems to work.

The generated html is
<script type="text/javascript">
var flashvars_jw_player =
{"bufferlength":1,"autostart":false,
"file":"/videolib/UltraDedup-Decision-Information-058.flv"};
var params_jw_player =
{"allowfullscreen":true,"allowscriptaccess":"always"};
var attributes_jw_player = {"id":"jw_player","name":"jw_player"};
swfobject.embedSWF('/swf/player.swf',
'jw_player','100%','300','9','false',
flashvars_jw_player, params_jw_player,
ttributes_jw_player)
</script>

Is there a sample Rails 3.1 app that uses jw_player_helper?
- - -

Part of what I am trying to do is get the app ready to be hosted by
Heroku. I have about a gigabyte of videos and I remember reading that
that much stuff should be "provisioned", whatever that means. How will
I change the name supplied to video_player (the method name in
jw_player_helper)?

  • Hassan Schroeder at Dec 26, 2011 at 5:12 pm