Greetings,

I've been trying to get rails 3.1 and the libmemcached client
library(http://tangent.org/) and the memcached gem(Evan Weaver's)
working

libmemcached_store and it's branches appear to be the right choice
(https://github.com/benhutton/libmemcached_store)

but alas, I cannot get it working - writing returns false, and reading
can't find the value

(note, I can read and write to the same memcached server just fine by
other means, which also use the libmemcached c client)

development.rb
config.cache_store = :libmemcached_store

1.9.2p290 :001 > Rails.cache.write("city", "Duckburgh")
=> false
1.9.2p290 :002 > Rails.cache.read("city")
=> nil
1.9.2p290 :003 > Rails.cache
=> #<ActiveSupport::Cache::LibmemcachedStore:0x00000129327a88
@options={:compress=>true, :namespace=>"development"},
@addresses=["127.0.0.1:11211"], @cache=#<Memcached:0x00000129325cb0
@struct=#<Rlibmemcached::MemcachedSt:0x00000129325c38>,
@options={:hash=>:fnv1_32, :no_block=>false, :noreply=>false, :distribution=>:consistent_ketama, :ketama_weighted=>true,

I've run the memcached server with -vvv, and no error messages are
raised.

I'm at a loss.

Any suggestions are truly welcomed!
Jodi

  • Jodi at Dec 21, 2011 at 6:42 pm
    I was able to solve this by upgrading libevent and the memcached
    server (and the memcached gem to the latest)

    server: memcached-1.4.10
    libevent: libevent-2.0.16-stable
    memcached gem: 1.3.5

    headcold put me at a loss - perhaps this breadcrumb can help others

    cheers,
    Jodi