I am new to active admin. I am using rails 3 and I create one resource
called product with the field of Name, Price, category.It runs good with
simple users but when i log in to admin and try to create new product then
it gives me error like

Error
---------
Mysql2::Error in Admin/products#show

Showing *
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activeadmin-0.3.4/app/views/active_admin/resource/show.html.arb
* where line *#1* raised:

Table 'demo2_development.active_admin_comments' doesn't exist

Extracted source (around line *#1*):

1: render renderer_for(:show)

Rails.root: /home/urjit/rails_project/demo2
Application Trace <http://localhost:3000/admin/products/3#> | Framework
Trace <http://localhost:3000/admin/products/3#> | Full Trace<http://localhost:3000/admin/products/3#>

Request

*Parameters*:

{"id"=>"3"}

Show session dump <http://localhost:3000/admin/products/3#>

Show env dump <http://localhost:3000/admin/products/3#>
Response

*Headers*:

None

I think it is because there is no comment field in my database.
Is there any way to generate active_admin like devise?
If there then please tell me the command.
please tell me what to do?
Thank you.

  • Sandip ransing at Dec 20, 2011 at 10:23 am
    have u ran command
    rake db:migrate
[...]

    sαη∂ιρ Rαηѕιηg

    ---
    www.funonrails.com

    twitter, github @sandipransing
    skype sandip.ransing

  • Guru at Dec 20, 2011 at 10:30 am
    yes i have
    I think it is because there is no comment field in my database and
    active admin show page is going for the comment and not found comment
    in database.
    is there anyway to generate views in active admin?

  • Sandip ransing at Dec 20, 2011 at 10:37 am
    You have to generate active admin migrations first and then need to migrate
    those tables in db.
    I think it is because there is no comment field in my database and
    active admin show page is going for the comment and not found comment
    in database.
    is there anyway to generate views in active admin?

    sαη∂ιρ Rαηѕιηg

    ---
    www.funonrails.com

    twitter, github @sandipransing
    skype sandip.ransing

  • Sandip ransing at Dec 20, 2011 at 10:37 am
    rails generate active_admin:install
    rake db:migrate

    --
    sαη∂ιρ Rαηѕιηg

    ---
    www.funonrails.com

    twitter, github @sandipransing
    skype sandip.ransing

  • Guru at Dec 20, 2011 at 10:54 am
    I am doing exactly that.
    I have run
    rails generate active_admin:install
    rake db:migrate command.
    there is command like rails generate devise_views is there command for
    active_admin???