Hi people.

I need your help here, please.

I have a rails 3.0.9 app, and I'm using Ajax to save some records to
the database. To achieve this, I use a jquery modal form, but one of
the fields is a datepicker, and if I click on it to display the
calendar it doesn't work.

The thing is, I press submit without fill all the fields, so, my
custom validations were shown, telling me that I must fill some
fields, and when I did that... surprise... the date picker worked just
fine... I don't know why when I first load the dialog modal form
datepicker doesn't work, but when I "made a mistake" it works.

Can you help me? please

  • Craig White at Dec 19, 2011 at 9:24 pm

    I have a rails 3.0.9 app, and I'm using Ajax to save some records to
    the database. To achieve this, I use a jquery modal form, but one of
    the fields is a datepicker, and if I click on it to display the
    calendar it doesn't work.

    The thing is, I press submit without fill all the fields, so, my
    custom validations were shown, telling me that I must fill some
    fields, and when I did that... surprise... the date picker worked just
    fine... I don't know why when I first load the dialog modal form
    datepicker doesn't work, but when I "made a mistake" it works.

    Can you help me? please
    ----
    doesn't sound like a rails issue at all but rather a javascript/jquery issue.

    Make sure that you install Firefox & firebug and use firebug to figure out the difference between the initial display and the subsequent redisplay to figure out why the jquery is late to work.

    Craig

  • Angelo Cordova at Dec 20, 2011 at 1:19 pm

[...]

    I've checked firebug, there's no difference (actually, firebug doesn't
    show anything)
    thanks for your help