Hey all,
I want to scrap some content from a website to rails application and
wants to authenticate the url of the website which I want to scarp so
please help me out....

Thank You!!!

  • Max at Dec 15, 2011 at 10:36 pm
    I don't have a lot of experience but did some scraping recently. I
    used the nokogiri gem. found it to be pretty self explanatory and
    much easier to implement than i had anticipated. google it and i'm
    sure you can figure it out...

    Max
    I want to scrap some content from a website to rails application and
    wants to authenticate the url of the website which I want to scarp so
    please help me out....

    Thank You!!!
  • Santosh Kumar Mohanty at Dec 16, 2011 at 4:14 am
    Thanks Dear for the information.
    I don't have a lot of experience but did some scraping recently. I
    used the nokogiri gem. found it to be pretty self explanatory and
    much easier to implement than i had anticipated. google it and i'm
    sure you can figure it out...

    Max
    I want to scrap some content from a website to rails application and
    wants to authenticate the url of the website which I want to scarp so
    please help me out....

    Thank You!!!
  • KNowicki at Dec 15, 2011 at 11:16 pm
    I use Mechanize as user agent and Nokogiri as html/xml parser.
    http://mechanize.rubyforge.org/
    http://nokogiri.org/
    Mechanize supports both http- and application- layer auth, so that
    could be what You are looking for.

  • Sathia S at Dec 18, 2011 at 7:14 am

    Hey all, Hi,
    I want to scrap some content from a website to rails application and
    wants to authenticate the url of the website which I want to scarp so
    please help me out....

    Mechanize, Nokogiri , Hpricot.
    Some examples in ruby done by me
    http://sathia27.wordpress.com/2011/09/04/version1-easy-dictionary/
    http://sathia27.wordpress.com/2011/12/05/english-to-tamil-translator-script/
    http://sathia27.wordpress.com/2011/09/06/tbus-version-1-search-bus-routes-from-terminal/
    http://sathia27.wordpress.com/2011/05/30/update-foss-job-script/

    Regards
    sathia

    Here I share my experiments with open source.
    http://www.sathia27.wordpress.com
    <http://www.sathia27.wordpress.com/>http://www.lquery.com<http://www.sathia27.wordpress.com/>