Hi guys, I need some help with my ruby on rails application. I want to
upgrade it from rails 1.8 to rails 3. Can anyone help me?

  • Frederick Cheung at Dec 12, 2011 at 5:36 pm

    Hi guys, I need some help with my ruby on rails application. I want to
    upgrade it from rails 1.8 to rails 3. Can anyone help me?
    There is no rails 1.8 (rails went 1.1.x, 1.2.x and then 2.0 IIRC).
    There is a ruby 1.8 though.
    Are you trying to upgrade ruby or rails ?

    Fred

  • CavalryJim at Dec 13, 2011 at 1:52 pm

    Hi guys, I need some help with my ruby on rails application. I want to
    upgrade it from rails 1.8 to rails 3. Can anyone help me?
    There is no rails 1.8 (rails went 1.1.x, 1.2.x and then 2.0 IIRC).
    There is a ruby 1.8 though.
    Are you trying to upgrade ruby or rails ?

    Fred Chloe,
    From the command line, type 'rails -v' & 'ruby -v' and post the
    results here. Going from Rails 2 to Rails 3 is pretty well documented,
    to include a gem that automates some of the conversion, but up grading
    from Rails 1 to Rails 3 is no easy task.

    Regards,
    JD