I don't know how to get more info about this issue on my remote server
( Linux/Debian6 - Qmail)

localhost testing is fine
, so my class UserMailer < ActionMailer::Base is rendering correctly
the email ( checked in the development log)

now, testing the remote SMTP server , via the production console,
using :
ActionMailer::Base.smtp_settings = {:address  =>
"mail.mydomain.com",:port  => 587,:domain  =>
"mydomain.com",:authentication => :login, :user_name =>
"myself@mydomain.com",:password =>
"xxxxxxxxxxxx",:enable_starttls_auto => false}

class MyMailer < ActionMailer::Base
def test_email
@recipients = "myself@me.com"
@from = "noreply@mydomain.com"
@subject = "this is a subject"
@body = "this is the body"
end
end
MyMailer::deliver_test_email is delivering fine this test email
I used these smtp_settings, in a specific initializer file :
config/initializers/mail.rb
but then I get the Errno::ECONNREFUSED in production log, right after
the email rendering ...

how can I check what's wrong ? the production log doesn't give me
enough info ...

thanks for your feedback .. I'm lost in translation ...

  • Erwin at Dec 12, 2011 at 3:24 pm
    [SOLVED] but don't know why ...
    I changed :address  => "mail.mydomain.com" to :address  =>
    "localhost" and it's now correctly sending the email...
    but why the :address  => "mail.mydomain.com" was running fine in the
    rails console ?? and not when the app is running ?
    any clue ?

    erwin

    "mys...@mydomain.com",:password =>

    @recipients = "mys...@me.com"