maybe somebody can help me with this. I need to execute javascript on
the server side

format.js do
render :update do |page|
page.insert_html :bottom, content_id, :partial =>
"add_to_favorite_from_dashboard", :locals => {:object =>
object, :favorite => favorite, :ftype => content_id}, :layout=>false

#execute javascript function here
_gaq.push(['_trackEvent',event_category ,event_label, event_action])

end

can I do something like this?

  • Jim Ruther Nill at Dec 13, 2011 at 12:25 am

    maybe somebody can help me with this. I need to execute javascript on
    the server side

    format.js do
    render :update do |page|
    page.insert_html :bottom, content_id, :partial =>
    "add_to_favorite_from_dashboard", :locals => {:object =>
    object, :favorite => favorite, :ftype => content_id}, :layout=>false

    #execute javascript function here
    _gaq.push(['_trackEvent',event_category ,event_label, event_action])
    you can use <<

    page << 'alert("foo")'

    end

    can I do something like this?

  • Hassan Schroeder at Dec 13, 2011 at 12:45 am

    maybe somebody can help me with this.  I need to execute javascript on
    the server side Why?
    format.js do
    render :update do |page|
    page.insert_html :bottom, content_id, :partial =>
    "add_to_favorite_from_dashboard", :locals => {:object =>
    object, :favorite => favorite, :ftype => content_id}, :layout=>false

    #execute javascript function here
    _gaq.push(['_trackEvent',event_category ,event_label, event_action])

    end
    In the context of a page (even partial) render, you presumably want
    to include JS that will be executed on the client, yes? What do you
    expect the above line to accomplish?

    But if you really want to execute some JS on the server side, pull it
    out of that render action and look at the Johnson gem.

    HTH,
    http://about.me/hassanschroeder
    twitter: @hassan

  • Subbarao at Dec 13, 2011 at 4:51 am

    maybe somebody can help me with this. I need to execute javascript on
    the server side

    format.js do
    render :update do |page|
    page.insert_html :bottom, content_id, :partial =>
    "add_to_favorite_from_dashboard", :locals => {:object =>
    object, :favorite => favorite, :ftype => content_id}, :layout=>false

    #execute javascript function here
    _gaq.push(['_trackEvent',event_category ,event_label, event_action])

    end

    can I do something like this?
    try this code

    format.js {render :js => "alert('Yse Javascript working fine.');"}

  • comopasta Gr at Dec 13, 2011 at 7:46 am