For the ruby on rails application. i have to generate last one year report.
so i think just do like this.

Take the current system data, then subtract one year, den select data from
MySQL with this new date.

*my question is how to subtract one year from current date in ruby,
basically the format of date in MySql is YYYY-MM-DD. so how to subtract one
year from this.*

i tried one..

*time = Time.new
*
*puts ddat = time.strftime("%d-%m-%Y") *
*
*
*here just i change dat format to DD-MM-YYYY, and then try to subtract 1.
But it shows error...*
*
*
*how to solve this...? and have any problem in this logic......?*

  • Michael Pavling at Dec 12, 2011 at 10:43 am

    For the ruby on rails application. i have to generate last one year report.

    my question is how to subtract one year from current date in ruby, basically
    the format of date in MySql is YYYY-MM-DD. so how to subtract one year from
    this.

    i tried one..

    time = Time.new
    puts ddat = time.strftime("%d-%m-%Y")
    last_year = Time.now.ago(1.year)
    records = MyModel.all(:conditions => ["my_date_field > ?", last_year])

    Have a look at the api commands around dates and times:
    http://api.rubyonrails.org/classes/Time.html

  • BALA MANI at Dec 12, 2011 at 12:09 pm
    can you try like this way
    time.to_s

    I hope it may work

    bye:)

  • Jim Ruther Nill at Dec 12, 2011 at 12:38 pm

    For the ruby on rails application. i have to generate last one year report.
    my question is how to subtract one year from current date in ruby, basically
    the format of date in MySql is YYYY-MM-DD. so how to subtract one year from
    this.

    i tried one..

    time = Time.new
    puts ddat = time.strftime("%d-%m-%Y")
    last_year = Time.now.ago(1.year)
    for me, the following is much clearer

    last_year = 1.year.ago

    records = MyModel.all(:conditions => ["my_date_field > ?", last_year])

    Have a look at the api commands around dates and times:
    http://api.rubyonrails.org/classes/Time.html

  • Amvis at Dec 12, 2011 at 4:56 pm
    in my machine i dn't have the local application setup. so just i try this
    two for display that

    *puts last_year = Time.now.ago(1.year) *or* last_year = 1.year.ago*

    but it gives error *undefined method `year' for 1:Fixnum (NoMethodError).*year is builtin...?

  • Frederick Cheung at Dec 12, 2011 at 5:34 pm