Hey guys,

I just started using Rails and Ruby this week. I come from PHP and I
LOVE RAILS. It is so clean and fresh :-)

I wanted to create a very simple that has no database
representation ... I found several active_form approaches. My problem
is to use those classes after installing them, maybe that is a real
newbie quetsion :-) So what I did:

$ rails plugin install https://github.com/remvee/active_form.git

Do I have to do anything else after that in order to have that plugin
available in may code? Because I get the error: "uninitialized
constant ActiveForm"

#app/controllers/register.rb

class Register < ActiveForm
def index
@register_form = Register.new
end
end

#app/models/register.rb

class Register < ActiveForm

end

Thank you so much in advance,
Philipp

  • Colin Law at Dec 9, 2011 at 11:41 am

    I just started using Rails and Ruby this week. I come from PHP and I
    LOVE RAILS. It is so clean and fresh :-)

    I wanted to create a very simple that has no database
    representation ... I found several active_form approaches. My problem
    is to use those classes after installing them, maybe that is a real
    newbie quetsion :-) So what I did:

    $ rails plugin install https://github.com/remvee/active_form.git

    Do I have to do anything else after that in order to have that plugin
    available in may code? Because I get the error: "uninitialized
    constant ActiveForm"
    Which operating system and you using and which version of Rails?
    I don't know about active_form myself but assuming you are using Rails
    3 then you should not need to install it as a plugin, you should just
    be able to include it in Gemfile (in your application) specifying the
    source, and run
    bundle install
    which should install it.

    Colin