I've been playing with Ruport, and just wanted to run this past the
group to see if anyone else has come across it.

The Ruport Book [1] give this example when it's explaining about using
acts_as_reportable to interrogate active record objects:
puts Book.report_table(:all, :only => :title, :include => { :author => { :only => :name } })
title               |  author.name   |
Why's (Poignant) Guide to Ruby    | _why           |
Flow My Tears, The Policeman Said | Philip K. Dick |
Farenheit 451                     | Ray Bradbury   |
Gravity's Rainbow                 | Thomas Pynchon |

I had an issue with it blowing up because it couldn't map the symbols
in "only", so I wrapped them in square-brackets, but my result looks
like this:
puts Book.report_table(:all, :only => [:title], :include => { :author => { :only => [:name] } })
name | title | author.name |
Why's (Poignant) Guide to Ruby | _why |
Flow My Tears, The Policeman Said | Philip K. Dick |
Farenheit 451 | Ray Bradbury |
Gravity's Rainbow | Thomas Pynchon |

Any idea why I might be getting the extra "name" column? (if I remove
the :include condition, both the name columns go from the results)

One horrid caveat... I'm working on this in a Rails 2.1.1 app... and
no, they won't upgrade .... :-/

[1] http://ruportbook.com/acts_as_reportable.html