I am writing my first RoR app.
I have used the following command to create several pages:
$ rails generate controller home index (I created home, news, gallery,
contact,...)
I created the menus in app/views/layouts/application.html.erb :
<ul>
</ul>

If I click on one of the menu button "Gallery", I get:
Routing Error

No route matches [GET] "/gallery"

The config/routes.rb has:

get "gallery/index"

What am I missing?

Thanks

  • Tyler Warnock at Dec 5, 2011 at 4:52 pm
    Check out the rails routing guide: http://guides.rubyonrails.org/routing.html

    Look also into the link_to approaches, as you can get very clean,
    versatile code this way

    I have used the following command to create several pages:
    $ rails generate controller home index (I created home, news, gallery,
    contact,...)
    I created the menus in app/views/layouts/application.html.erb :
    <ul>
    </ul>

    If I click on one of the menu button "Gallery", I get:
    Routing Error

    No route matches [GET] "/gallery"

    The config/routes.rb has:

    get "gallery/index"

    What am I missing?

    Thanks

  • David Burton at Dec 5, 2011 at 5:48 pm
    Thanks

    To get my menus to work,
    I had to change the routes.rb