Hi folks,

I've got a Rails 3.0.10 app in production that I spent significant time
upgrading to 3.1.3. It's all running in development without any issues,
but when I deploy to production and access any page I get the error
"class Date needs to have method `_load'" with no associated page or
line number.

I'm running Ruby 1.9.3-p0 in both environments.

Development is running on OSX, while production is running the most
recent version of passenger(apache) on Ubuntu.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jason

  • Botp at Dec 3, 2011 at 3:23 am

    I've got a Rails 3.0.10 app in production that I spent significant time
    upgrading to 3.1.3. It's all running in development without any issues,
    but when I deploy to production and access any page I get the error
    "class Date needs to have method `_load'" with no associated page or
    line number.
    I'm running Ruby 1.9.3-p0 in both environments.
    Development is running on OSX, while production is running the most
    recent version of passenger(apache) on Ubuntu.
    apparently, the app is not fully tested. you should have qa env that
    is similar to prodxn. like dev->qa->prod

    we need to get a dump of the error so we can help. see
    http://guides.rubyonrails.org/debugging_rails_applications.html

    <speculation> Klass + _load error usually occurs on Marshaled
    objects... marshall version is independent of ruby version, so be
    careful. ie an obj marshaled dump in v1 may not be properly marshaled
    load in v2...
    </speculation>

    kind regards -botp

  • Colin Law at Dec 3, 2011 at 9:28 am