Good afternoon,

Is there a Ruby ORM gem which integrates with MS Access?

Alternatively how would I convert one to PostgreSQL or MySQL then
interpret it into ORM syntax for use in Ruby?

Thanks for all suggestions,

Alec Taylor

  • Wilson at Nov 30, 2011 at 3:52 pm
    I think it is not a good idea to use Access as a datebase.
    You could use EMS SQL Management Studio for PostgreSQL to export your
    data from access to PostgreSql and then adopt ActiveRecord in your
    Ruby project. But you have to adapt the table names and structure as
    the ActiveRecord convention or customize the models (http://
    2dconcept.com/articles/2-rails-legacy-db-activerecord-conventions).