On 29 nov, 17:14, Colin Law wrote:
On 29 November 2011 18:33, Angelo Cordova wrote:
I want to know which is the best gem or plug-in to store and track
register changes for a rails 3.0.9 app
It is not clear what it is that is changing (a register?). Is it
changes to data in the database or code changes or what?
In my app, a user must log-in to the system.
Then he can create and/or update many documents (invoices, waybills,
credit notes, etc.). Each one has many details (because they have many
So I'm looking for a gem that allow me to store the changes of these
documents, what I want to know is:
- user_id (who made the changes or has created a new document)
- object_id (the document or detail that has been created, updated,
- class_name (the class name of the document/detail)
- action_name (create, update, delete, etc.)
- datetime (date and time when the document/detail has been created or
updated or deleted)
- changes (which attributes has been changed and what has changed
Is it clearer now? if not, just tell me to try a better explanation
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to email@example.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.