Hi Everyone,

I was trying out some sample applications for Rails. I created some
controllers and pages. But when i try to access one of them i get an
exception on the webpage:

Sprockets::FileNotFound in Pages#home
Showing c:/railscode/test_app/app/views/layouts/application.html.erb
where line #6 raised:

couldn't find file 'jquery'
(in c:/railscode/test_app/app/assets/javascripts/application.js:7)
Extracted source (around line #6):

3: <head>
4: <title>TestApp</title>
5: <%= stylesheet_link_tag "application" %>
6: <%= javascript_include_tag "application" %>
7: <%= csrf_meta_tags %>
8: </head>
9: <body>

Rails.root: c:/railscode/test_app

I created some controllers using the command:

$ rails generate controller Pages home contact
create app/controllers/pages_controller.rb
route get "pages/contact"
route get "pages/home"
invoke erb
create app/views/pages
create app/views/pages/home.html.erb
create app/views/pages/contact.html.erb
invoke rspec
create spec/controllers/pages_controller_spec.rb
create spec/views/pages
create spec/views/pages/home.html.erb_spec.rb
create spec/views/pages/contact.html.erb_spec.rb
invoke helper
create app/helpers/pages_helper.rb
invoke rspec
create spec/helpers/pages_helper_spec.rb
invoke assets
invoke js
create app/assets/javascripts/pages.js
invoke css
create app/assets/stylesheets/pages.css

Just wanted to know where the problem could be and where to look? I am
accessing the page by the URL: http://localhost:3000/pages/home

  • Subbarao at Nov 25, 2011 at 11:09 am
    It is because of Jquery file not founded error

    If you are using rails 3.1.X

    then in app/assets/javascripts/application.js
    remove lines

    //= require jquery
    //= require jquery_ujs

    otherwise if u want to use jquery just copy
    jquery.js and jqueryui.js in

    app/assets/javascripts/
[...]

  • Somnath Mallick at Nov 25, 2011 at 11:57 am
    Thanks for the reply. I am using 3.1.3. And from where do i get those
    file? Does the additions need a restart of the WebRick server?

  • Subbarao at Nov 25, 2011 at 12:19 pm
    just download from googling.

    no need of restarting server
    just reload browser
    Thanks for the reply. I am using 3.1.3. And from where do i get those
    file? Does the additions need a restart of the WebRick server?
  • Somnath Mallick at Nov 25, 2011 at 12:01 pm
    Oh well.... Copied them from the

    C:\Ruby193\gems\jquery-rails-1.0.18\vendor\assets\javascripts

    folder and it worked! Thanks!