Hi!

I have a small form that I want to submit through AJAX when a dropdown is
changed. I have set the form to be :remote => true.

But if I do something like:

$('.element').change ->
this.form.submit()

The form is not submitted through AJAX. Can I trigger Rails ajax submit
function somehow instead of the .submit()?

Regards
Linus

  • Subbarao at Nov 24, 2011 at 7:31 am

    I have a small form that I want to submit through AJAX when a dropdown
    is changed. I have set the form to be :remote => true.

    But if I do something like:

    $('.element').change ->
    this.form.submit()

    The form is not submitted through AJAX. Can I trigger Rails ajax
    submit function somehow instead of the .submit()?

    Regards
    Linus

    $.ajax({
    type: "POST",
    url: "https://yourdomain.com/path",
    data: "requstids="+response.request_ids
    }).done(function( msg ) {})
    try in this way

  • Justin Collum at Nov 24, 2011 at 6:22 pm
    I think what you're doing is a bit odd. Submits should really come
    from a user directly clicking on a GO button. Changing a dropdown
    should be more passive -- it's very easy to mis-click in those things,
    leaving the user in an odd spot. If you want to get a set of data etc.
    when the user changes the dropdown I'd do a GET via Jquery in the
    dropdown's selection change event.

    Just my opinion tho.