Hi all,
I got some problems with my integration test. I have a form were a new
user can sign up. If the form is blank and submitted the normal error
occur. The error div has an id "error_explanation". In my integration
test i try to match it but the test is always red. Here some Code:

# encoding : utf-8
require 'spec_helper'

describe "Users" do

describe "signup" do
describe "failure" do

it "should not make a new user" do
lambda do
visit registrieren_path
fill_in "Benutzername", :with => ""
fill_in "Email", :with => ""
fill_in "Passwort", :with => ""
fill_in "Passwort bestätigen", :with => ""
click_button
response.should render_template('users/new')
response.should have_selector("div", :id => "error_explanation")
end.should_not change(User, :count)
end
end
end
end

Here is the error:

expected following output to contain a <div id='error_explanation'/> tag
and the whole html output.

I checked my output and the strange thing is that i even can't find the
form in the output. It looks like the test is checking the index page
instead of the one tried to reach with the visit registrieren_path.

I'm using Rspec Rails v.2.7.0 with Webrat 0.7.3

Hope someone got a hint for me :)

Best regards

Greg

  • Greg at Nov 21, 2011 at 7:39 pm

[...]

    Ok I found the error. I should have pass the submit buttons value to the
    click_button function. Now the test is green :)

    Thanks anyway.

    Regards Greg