I had a problem when I tried to upgrade from Rails 3.0 + Jammit to
Rails 3.1 Asset Pipeline. I created app/assets folder, under it I have
both javascripts/application.js.coffee and stylesheets/
application.css.scss. I included both using stylesheet_link_tag and
javascript_include_tag, but it just could not load the CSS correctly.
The application keeps trying to load css from /stylesheets/
application.css which is a 404 error (the js loads fine from assets/
application.js). I am using the latest rails 3.1.1 and other
libraries. So what is the problem here?

Thanks!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

Search Discussions

  • Erwin at Nov 21, 2011 at 4:54 pm
    what's the content of your application.js application.css ?

    btw seems you don't need .css.scss extension, can write only .scss
    On Nov 21, 4:09 pm, Ben wrote:
    I had a problem when I tried to upgrade from Rails 3.0 + Jammit to
    Rails 3.1 Asset Pipeline. I created app/assets folder, under it I have
    both javascripts/application.js.coffee and stylesheets/
    application.css.scss. I included both using stylesheet_link_tag and
    javascript_include_tag, but it just could not load the CSS correctly.
    The application keeps trying to load css from /stylesheets/
    application.css which is a 404 error (the js loads fine from assets/
    application.js). I am using the latest rails 3.1.1 and other
    libraries. So what is the problem here?

    Thanks!
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
    To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.
  • Ben at Nov 21, 2011 at 5:20 pm
    The content in application.css.scss is

    /*
    *= require_self
    *= require_tree .
    */

    The application.js.coffee is

    #= require jquery

    I am simply just to test out the new asset pipeline. As I said the
    application has no problem to load application.js, but it just cannot
    find the correct location of application.js (keeps loading /
    stylesheets/application.css instead of /assets/application.css)

    On Nov 22, 12:54 am, Erwin wrote:
    what's the content of your application.js  application.css ?

    btw seems you don't need   .css.scss  extension, can write only .scss

    On Nov 21, 4:09 pm, Ben wrote:






    I had a problem when I tried to upgrade from Rails 3.0 + Jammit to
    Rails 3.1 Asset Pipeline. I created app/assets folder, under it I have
    both javascripts/application.js.coffee and stylesheets/
    application.css.scss. I included both using stylesheet_link_tag and
    javascript_include_tag, but it just could not load the CSS correctly.
    The application keeps trying to load css from /stylesheets/
    application.css which is a 404 error (the js loads fine from assets/
    application.js). I am using the latest rails 3.1.1 and other
    libraries. So what is the problem here?
    Thanks!
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
    To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.
  • Jeremy Woertink at Nov 21, 2011 at 5:49 pm
    In your config/application.rb do you have

    config.assets.enabled = true

    and in the config/environments/development.rb have

    config.assets.compress = false
    config.assets.debug = true


    I had a similar issue but forgot to add all this stuff. After adding it,
    mine started working

    Hope that helps,
    ~Jeremy

    --
    Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
    To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.
  • Ben at Nov 21, 2011 at 5:54 pm
    Hi, Jeremy,

    I have all these set up correctly. That is why the JS part is working,
    but the CSS part just does not work at all.

    It is really frustrating for me.

    Thanks a lot for your help anyway!
    On Nov 22, 1:49 am, Jeremy Woertink wrote:
    In your config/application.rb do you have

    config.assets.enabled = true

    and in the config/environments/development.rb have

    config.assets.compress = false
    config.assets.debug = true

    I had a similar issue but forgot to add all this stuff. After adding it,
    mine started working

    Hope that helps,
    ~Jeremy

    --
    Posted viahttp://www.ruby-forum.com/.
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
    To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.
  • Jeremy Woertink at Nov 21, 2011 at 8:06 pm
    Is it rails 3.1.1 or 3.1.2 ? Did you change the config.assets.prefix at
    all? Is there still a stylesheets folder in your public folder?

    I actually have no idea at this point, so I'm hoping to spark something
    that allows you to figure it out :)

    --
    Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
    To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.
  • Ben at Nov 22, 2011 at 3:36 am
    It is Rails 3.1.1.
    I use default for config.assets.prefix
    I removed stylesheets folder from public folder though.
    On Nov 22, 4:06 am, Jeremy Woertink wrote:
    Is it rails 3.1.1 or 3.1.2 ? Did you change the config.assets.prefix at
    all? Is there still a stylesheets folder in your public folder?

    I actually have no idea at this point, so I'm hoping to spark something
    that allows you to figure it out :)

    --
    Posted viahttp://www.ruby-forum.com/.
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
    To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.
  • Ben at Nov 22, 2011 at 4:43 pm
    Anyone has a good idea about the problem? I am really stuck on this
    one. Thanks!
    On Nov 22, 11:35 am, Ben wrote:
    It is Rails 3.1.1.
    I use default for config.assets.prefix
    I removed stylesheets folder from public folder though.

    On Nov 22, 4:06 am, Jeremy Woertink wrote:






    Is it rails 3.1.1 or 3.1.2 ? Did you change the config.assets.prefix at
    all? Is there still a stylesheets folder in your public folder?
    I actually have no idea at this point, so I'm hoping to spark something
    that allows you to figure it out :)
    --
    Posted viahttp://www.ruby-forum.com/.
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
    To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.
  • Stewart at Dec 20, 2011 at 9:21 pm
    +1 to this problem. I updated from 3.0.0 followed the instructions on
    the rails guides page for updating and have the exact same issue. I
    tried discussing it in a ticket but have not herd anything back. Did
    you find a fix for this?
    On Nov 22, 2:09 am, Ben wrote:
    I had a problem when I tried to upgrade from Rails 3.0 + Jammit to
    Rails 3.1AssetPipeline. I created app/assets folder, under it I have
    both javascripts/application.js.coffee and stylesheets/
    application.css.scss. I included both usingstylesheet_link_tagand
    javascript_include_tag, but it just could not load the CSS correctly.
    The application keeps trying to load css from /stylesheets/
    application.css which is a 404 error (the js loads fine from assets/
    application.js). I am using the latest rails 3.1.1 and other
    libraries. So what is the problem here?

    Thanks!
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
    To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.
  • Ben at Jan 28, 2012 at 10:05 am
    Today I tried to replace jammit with asset pipeline in 3.1 again. This
    time I got much further, the app could server JS and images correctly
    from assets/ folder.

    But I was not able to make the CSS right. I used stylesheet_link_tag,
    but it kept serving CSS from /stylesheets/ instead of /assets/. Anyone
    has an idea about this problem?

    Thanks!
    On Dec 21 2011, 5:20 am, Stewart wrote:
    +1 to thisproblem. I updated from 3.0.0 followed the instructions on
    the rails guides page for updating and have the exact same issue. I
    tried discussing it in a ticket but have not herd anything back. Did
    you find a fix for this?

    On Nov 22, 2:09 am, Ben wrote:






    I had aproblemwhen I tried to upgrade from Rails 3.0 + Jammit to
    Rails 3.1AssetPipeline. I created app/assets folder, under it I have
    both javascripts/application.js.coffee and stylesheets/
    application.css.scss. I included both usingstylesheet_link_tagand
    javascript_include_tag, but it just could not load the CSS correctly.
    The application keeps trying to load css from /stylesheets/
    application.css which is a 404 error (the js loads fine from assets/
    application.js). I am using the latest rails 3.1.1 and other
    libraries. So what is theproblemhere?
    Thanks!
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
    To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
grouprubyonrails-talk @
categoriesrubyonrails
postedNov 21, '11 at 4:30p
activeJan 28, '12 at 10:05a
posts10
users4
websiterubyonrails.org
irc#RubyOnRails

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase