I'm just getting started with RoR. I would like to use an IDE.
I have used Eclipse for BIRT report writing.
So, the Aptana IDE seems like a good choice.
But, how does it compare to RubyMine?

Thanks,
Dave

  • Javier Quarite at Nov 17, 2011 at 5:18 pm

    I'm just getting started with RoR. I would like to use an IDE.
    I have used Eclipse for BIRT report writing.
    So, the Aptana IDE seems like a good choice.
    But, how does it compare to RubyMine?

    Thanks,
    Dave
    I've heard that Aptana IDE and Eclipse have good features .. but in my
    opinion, I think that a text editor is enough
    you could try sublime text 2 or textmate for macOS

  • Colin Law at Nov 17, 2011 at 5:30 pm

    I'm just getting started with RoR.  I would like to use an IDE.
    I have used Eclipse for BIRT report writing.
    So, the Aptana IDE seems like a good choice.
    But, how does it compare to RubyMine?

    Thanks,
    Dave
    I've heard that Aptana IDE  and Eclipse have good features .. but in my
    opinion, I think that a text editor is enough
    you could try sublime text 2 or textmate for macOS
    I also think an IDE does not add anything worthwhile to rails
    development, though others are free to disagree of course. I find a
    good text editor with ruby parsing and syntax highlighting and so on
    is all I need. I use jEdit on Ubuntu with Sidekick, CTagsSidekick and
    ProjectViewer plugins.

    Colin

  • Donald R. Ziesig at Nov 17, 2011 at 5:46 pm