Hi,

This one is kind of strange. This is concerning sqlite3.

I have an application that uses postgresql. I would like to manually
create a sqlite3 db object that contains data that I would extract from
the "real" postgresql DB. This is not a one time action but it would
generate a new sqlite3 db object when some related data changes.

Background: I have a set of many applications that run on sqlite3. The
DBs of those applications are all different content wise, but all share
the same DB structure. The idea is that, with data from the main server
application, I would generate the db object for each of those
applications. The computers where those apps are will fetch the DB
object and place it in the right location. Then the apps run with the
new data obtained.

How I have it now: Now those apps get an XML file from the main server
and after parsing it update the DB in the traditional way.

Why: Well the DBs in question are not very big. So transfering the file
would be easy. The apps updated themselves via auto GIT commands. If
something changes DB wise for example I just need to get the latest app
with GIT and place the new DB object in the right place.

Is this crazy?

Cheers.

  • comopasta Gr at Nov 18, 2011 at 1:21 pm

    comopasta Gr wrote in post #1032115:
    Hi,

    This one is kind of strange. This is concerning sqlite3.

    I have an application that uses postgresql. I would like to manually
    create a sqlite3 db object that contains data that I would extract from
    the "real" postgresql DB. This is not a one time action but it would
    generate a new sqlite3 db object when some related data changes.
    I imagine this is a crazy idea since there's no comments at all.