Hi all,

I have a problem with my action mailer .!

When i send mail in the email it shows the html tags same written as in
mailer view html

here is my code:

In the Model :----------------

class CronjobMailer < ActionMailer::Base
def cronjob(sender,recipients, subject, message, late_commers)
@bcc = recipients
@recipients = 'support@eabyas.in'
@from = sender
@subject = subject
@late_commers = late_commers
@sent_on = Time.now
@body[:message] = message
end
end

:----------------

In the Cronjob_mailer view in cronjob.html.erb

<!DOCTYPE html>
<head>
</head>
<h1>Welcome to example.com</h1>
You have successfully signed up to example.com,
your username is: .<br/>
To login to the site, just follow this link: .

and here is how i am initiating the mailer

CronjobMailer::deliver_cronjob(sender,recipient_list,@subject,@messege,
@late_commers)

when i deliver mail in the email it gives me the same code instead of
html output .

Please help me
Thanks in advance

  • comopasta Gr at Nov 16, 2011 at 12:04 pm

    Rajesh B. wrote in post #1032117:
    Hi all,

    I have a problem with my action mailer .!

    When i send mail in the email it shows the html tags same written as in
    mailer view html
    and here is how i am initiating the mailer

    CronjobMailer::deliver_cronjob(sender,recipient_list,@subject,@messege,
    @late_commers)

    when i deliver mail in the email it gives me the same code instead of
    html output .
    Interesting. What version of Rails are you using? I'm still in 3.0 and I
    deliver stuff like in the rails guide:

    UserMailer.welcome_email(@user).deliver

    In your case I would see it like
    CronjobMailer.cronjob(sender,recipient_list,@subject,@messege,
    @late_commers).deliver have you tried something like that?

  • Rajesh B. at Nov 16, 2011 at 12:55 pm
    I am using rails 2.3.8
    Do i require any other gem ?

  • comopasta Gr at Nov 16, 2011 at 1:14 pm

    Rajesh B. wrote in post #1032142:
    I am using rails 2.3.8
    Do i require any other gem ?
    Well it is long time ago since I used Rails 2.3
    For sure the Rails guide that I suggested is for Rails 3.0.x and the
    mailer logic was changed and improved from 2.3 to 3.0. Many things
    changed there.

    If you are just starting the project I would recommend upgrading at
    least to Rails 3.0 and if you dare even to Rails 3.1 which is the new
    beast. If you need to stick to rails 2.3 maybe this is old enough
    http://railscasts.com/episodes/61-sending-email

    Cheers.

  • Rajesh B. at Nov 16, 2011 at 1:18 pm
    I have added @content_type = 'text/plain' in the mailer method it