Hi all. Iam new to rails. Iam using rails 3 for my website. In this i
need to upload videos to youtube from my rails app. In this the main
concept is, video should be uploaded even if the user is not logged in.
Please can any one guide me in this with some sample links?

  • Angel david at Nov 14, 2011 at 11:29 am
    Hi all. Iam new to rails. Iam using rails 3 for my website. In this i
    need to post messages, photos and videos to twitter from my rails app.
    In this the main concept is, these things should be posted even if the
    user is not logged in.
    Please can any one guide me in this with some sample links or tutorials?

  • Angel david at Nov 14, 2011 at 11:30 am
    Hi all. Iam new to rails. Iam using rails 3 for my website. In this i
    need to post messages, photos and videos to twitter from my rails app.
    In this the main concept is, these things should be posted even if the
    user is not logged in.
    Please can any one guide me in this with some sample links or tutorials?

  • Colin Law at Nov 14, 2011 at 11:49 am

    Hi all. Iam new to rails. Iam using rails 3 for my website. In this i
    need to upload videos to youtube from my rails app. In this the main
    concept is, video should be uploaded even if the user is not logged in.
    Please can any one guide me in this with some sample links?
    How is the upload to be triggered if the user is not logged in?
    Where is the video to be uploaded from?

    Colin

  • Angel david at Nov 14, 2011 at 12:00 pm
    I should save the access token or something like that so that after
    signout also based on that token i can upload. But dontknow how to do it

    Colin Law wrote in post #1031769:
    Hi all. Iam new to rails. Iam using rails 3 for my website. In this i
    need to upload videos to youtube from my rails app. In this the main
    concept is, video should be uploaded even if the user is not logged in.
    Please can any one guide me in this with some sample links?
    How is the upload to be triggered if the user is not logged in?
    Where is the video to be uploaded from?

    Colin
  • Colin Law at Nov 14, 2011 at 12:05 pm

    I should save the access token or something like that so that after
    signout also based on that token i can upload. But dontknow how to do it
    But where is the file to be uploaded *from*

    Colin
    Colin Law wrote in post #1031769:
    Hi all. Iam new to rails. Iam using rails 3 for my website. In this i
    need to upload videos to youtube from my rails app. In this the main
    concept is, video should be uploaded even if the user is not logged in.
    Please can any one guide me in this with some sample links?
    How is the upload to be triggered if the user is not logged in?
    Where is the video to be uploaded from?

    Colin
  • Angel david at Nov 14, 2011 at 1:33 pm

    Colin Law wrote in post #1031773:
    I should save the access token or something like that so that after
    signout also based on that token i can upload. But dontknow how to do it
    But where is the file to be uploaded *from*

    Colin
    it will be in view

  • Colin Law at Nov 14, 2011 at 1:47 pm

    I should save the access token or something like that so that after
    signout also based on that token i can upload. But dontknow how to do it
    But where is the file to be uploaded *from*

    Colin
    it will be in view
    I mean where is the file? On the user's PC? On the web server?

    Colin

  • Angel david at Nov 14, 2011 at 1:54 pm

    Colin Law wrote in post #1031787:
    I should save the access token or something like that so that after
    signout also based on that token i can upload. But dontknow how to do it
    But where is the file to be uploaded *from*

    Colin
    it will be in view
    I mean where is the file? On the user's PC? On the web server?

    Colin
    user's pc

  • Colin Law at Nov 14, 2011 at 2:03 pm

    I should save the access token or something like that so that after
    signout also based on that token i can upload. But dontknow how to do it
    But where is the file to be uploaded *from*

    Colin
    it will be in view
    I mean where is the file?  On the user's PC?  On the web server?

    Colin
    user's pc
    So you want to upload a file from the users PC without him being there
    to start it? I think not. Would you like a website to be able to
    upload files from your PC without you actioning it?

    Colin

  • Angel david at Nov 15, 2011 at 5:10 am

    Colin Law wrote in post #1031791:
    I mean where is the file? On the user's PC? On the web server?

    Colin
    user's pc
    So you want to upload a file from the users PC without him being there
    to start it? I think not. Would you like a website to be able to
    upload files from your PC without you actioning it?

    Colin
    No.. The user will be uploading it from my rails app. But the user
    should not be logged in in their youtube account.

  • Colin Law at Nov 15, 2011 at 8:36 am

    I mean where is the file? On the user's PC? On the web server?

    Colin
    user's pc
    So you want to upload a file from the users PC without him being there
    to start it?  I think not.  Would you like a website to be able to
    upload files from your PC without you actioning it?

    Colin
    No.. The user will be uploading it from my rails app. But the user
    should not be logged in in their youtube account.
    Ah, ok, I thought you meant not logged in to the app. I don't know
    about youtube but googling for
    rails upload youtube
    provided many hits that seem to be addressing this issue, or have you
    already looked at those and not found them helpful?

    Colin

  • Angel david at Nov 15, 2011 at 1:50 pm

    Colin Law wrote in post #1031962:
    So you want to upload a file from the users PC without him being there
    to start it? I think not. Would you like a website to be able to
    upload files from your PC without you actioning it?

    Colin
    No.. The user will be uploading it from my rails app. But the user
    should not be logged in in their youtube account.
    Ah, ok, I thought you meant not logged in to the app. I don't know
    about youtube but googling for
    rails upload youtube
    provided many hits that seem to be addressing this issue, or have you
    already looked at those and not found them helpful?

    Colin
    yes. i googled. but as im new to rails i dont know how to proceed.
    Please help me with this

  • Colin Law at Nov 15, 2011 at 2:02 pm

    So you want to upload a file from the users PC without him being there
    to start it? I think not. Would you like a website to be able to
    upload files from your PC without you actioning it?

    Colin
    No.. The user will be uploading it from my rails app. But the user
    should not be logged in in their youtube account.
    Ah, ok, I thought you meant not logged in to the app.  I don't know
    about youtube but googling for
    rails upload youtube
    provided many hits that seem to be addressing this issue, or have you
    already looked at those and not found them helpful?

    Colin
    yes. i googled. but as im new to rails i dont know how to proceed.
    Please help me with this
    If you are so new to rails that you cannot understand the google
    results, then the first thing you should do is work right through some
    tutorials in order that you will be able to understand how to use
    Rails. railstutorial is good and is free to use online, there are
    others. Make sure that any tutorial you use is for the version of
    Rails that you have installed. Also checkout the Rails Guides if you
    have not already done that.

    Colin