Hello all -

I have looked through the newsgroups and been unable to find my
specific issue, or a resolution, and I am stuck, so I am posting to
ask for help, or a link to something I may have missed.

I have an application that allows users to log in, create a project
and associate locations with their projects.

I am using nested resources to map users to projects to resources as
follows:

DEMO03::Application.routes.draw do
root :to => "sessions#new"

resources :sessions

resources :users do
resources :projects do
resources :locations
end
end

get "logout" => "sessions#destroy", :as => "logout"
get "login" => "sessions#new", :as => "login"
get "signup" => "users#new", :as => "signup"
get "secret" => "secret#index"
end

If I run rake routes, I get routes that allow me to get to
user_project_locations and user_projects (among others). However, when
I attempt to redirect_to user_project_locations from my sessions
controller after creating a new session as follows:

def create
user = User.find_by_email(params[:email])
if user && user.authenticate(params[:password])
session[:user_id] = user.id
redirect_to user_projects, :notice => "#{current_user.email}
logged in."
else
flash.now.alert = "Invalid email or password"
render "new"
end
end

I received an error indicating there was no index method in my
sessions controller. I tried adding the following:

def index
redirect_to user_projects, :notice => "#{current_user.email}
logged in - from Controller index."
end

and got the following:

undefined local variable or method `user_projects' for
#<SessionsController:0x00000103d61380>

It looks like for some reason I cannot use named routes that rake
output suggests should be available.

I also tried nesting user, project and location inside sessions (which
intuitively seemed wrong, but tried it anyway) - which also didn't
work.

Not sure how to diagnose further. Any assistance would be appreciated.