hello,
I am trying to deploy a rails 3.1 app to Heroku and need to run
db:seed
My seeds file has this code

User.seed do |s|
s.email = "temp@temp.com"
s.password = "bigsecret"
s.password_confirmation = "bigsecret"
end

Running rake db:seed locally works fine, but after deployment to
Heroku I try to run this seed file and get error:

undefined method `seed' for #<Class:0x00000006499ac0>

Any ideas why Heroku does not like my seed file?

thanks

  • Rameshwar Vyevhare at Nov 9, 2011 at 12:38 pm
    Pls try out this heroku:rake:db:seed
    I am trying to deploy a rails 3.1 app to Heroku and need to run
    db:seed
    My seeds file has this code

    User.seed do |s|
    s.email = "temp@temp.com"
    s.password = "bigsecret"
    s.password_confirmation = "bigsecret"
    end

    Running rake db:seed locally works fine, but after deployment to
    Heroku I try to run this seed file and get error:

    undefined method `seed' for #<Class:0x00000006499ac0>

    Any ideas why Heroku does not like my seed file?

    thanks

  • Rameshwar Vyevhare at Nov 9, 2011 at 12:38 pm
    Opps my mistake try out this heroku rake db:seed
    I am trying to deploy a rails 3.1 app to Heroku and need to run
    db:seed
    My seeds file has this code

    User.seed do |s|
    s.email = "temp@temp.com"
    s.password = "bigsecret"
    s.password_confirmation = "bigsecret"
    end

    Running rake db:seed locally works fine, but after deployment to
    Heroku I try to run this seed file and get error:

    undefined method `seed' for #<Class:0x00000006499ac0>

    Any ideas why Heroku does not like my seed file?

    thanks

  • Slava Mikerin at Nov 9, 2011 at 6:06 pm
    I did. This is the code that has problems, that I described in first post.
    Running heroku rake db:seed is what caused the problem in the first place.

    On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 9:08 PM, Rameshwar Vyevhare
    Opps my mistake try out this heroku rake db:seed
    I am trying to deploy a rails 3.1 app to Heroku and need to run
    db:seed
    My seeds file has this code

    User.seed do |s|
    s.email = "temp@temp.com"
    s.password = "bigsecret"
    s.password_confirmation = "bigsecret"
    end

    Running rake db:seed locally works fine, but after deployment to
    Heroku I try to run this seed file and get error:

    undefined method `seed' for #<Class:0x00000006499ac0>

    Any ideas why Heroku does not like my seed file?

    thanks

  • Slava Mikerin at Nov 9, 2011 at 6:00 pm
    heroku:rake:db:seed
    command does not exist. Are you sure about this sintax?

    On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 9:06 PM, Rameshwar Vyevhare