Hi All,
i have a feedback form in my application, which will be in the footer
partial. Well i am using fancybox jquery plugin for the form.
The form is working fine for the home controller which is using the
application.rb layout. I have written the form action in the home
controller

i am rendering the same partials for all the layouts in my
application.

code inside the _footer.html.erb is

<%= yield :scripts %>
<ul>
<li>|</li>
<li>|</li>
<li>|</li>
<li>|</li>
li>
<%= render :partial =>'layouts/contact_form' %>
</ul>

as you can see i am rendering the contact form partial inside the
footer partial.

and the routes include

post "home/send_feedback"

match "home/send_feedback", :to => 'administrators/
home#send_feedback'
match "home/send_feedback", :to => 'ngos/home#send_feedback'
match "home/send_feedback", :to => 'volunteers/home#send_feedback'
match "home/send_feedback", :to => 'caterers/home#send_feedback'

while i am at the root page everything is working fine. But the
problem is
when i am inside the administrators or hosts etc.. the form is not
working. And i checked that all the required javascript and css files
are loading fine in all the layouts.

Anybody have a clue?

  • Venkata reddy at Nov 4, 2011 at 3:36 pm
    ohhh....got it...
    i forgot including the custom javascript file...working fine now..