Hi, All

This is my first email in this group.

I am trying to invoke a protected method in controller, kind of like this

SomeController.rb

before_filter :cache_action, :cache_path => Proc.new { |controller|"path_to_what_i_want#{controller.current_platform}"}

the method current_platform is a protected method. It works well in local development environment but raise an error that can not invoke protected method while i deployed in production. This is weird, so anybody know about this?

We use pushsion_passenger and nginx in production.

Kevin

  • Colin Law at Nov 4, 2011 at 9:03 am

    I am trying to invoke a protected method in controller, kind of like this

    SomeController.rb

    before_filter :cache_action, :cache_path => Proc.new {
    controller|"path_to_what_i_want#{controller.current_platform}"}
    the method current_platform is a protected method. It works well in local
    development environment but raise an error that can not invoke protected
    method while i deployed in production.   This is weird, so anybody know
    about this?
    What happens if you run it in production mode on your development machine?

    Colin
    We use pushsion_passenger and nginx in production.

    Kevin

    gplus.to/clanlaw