I am using Rails 3.1.1 with asset pipeline and coffeescript. I have a
number of Coffeescript files in the app/assets/javascripts directory.
Whenever I make a change to the coffeescript files in that directory, it
is producing a corresponding javascript file automatically.

The changes that I make to the coffeescript files are being used
correctly by rails, but I am not sure as to why does it have to produce
a ".js" file corresponding to the coffeescript files. Is there a
setting that I need to enable/disable?

Thanks.

Bharat

  • Dave Aronson at Nov 4, 2011 at 2:01 am