Good afternoon,

I'm building a large e-commerce site, and it is very important that
what I write can:
- Handle large server loads
- Deliver pages quickly
- Make transactions quickly

as well as have a small development time (i.e. pre-built modules for
e-commerce are available, and are extendible).

Are there recent accessible statistics available, comparing these
metrics across the most popular web-frameworks? (i.e. Symfony, DJango,
Rails, ASP.NET &etc)

Thanks for all suggestions,

Alec Taylor

  • Peter Vandenabeele at Nov 3, 2011 at 10:32 am

    I'm building a large e-commerce site, and it is very important that
    what I write can:
    - Handle large server loads
    - Deliver pages quickly
    - Make transactions quickly

    as well as have a small development time (i.e. pre-built modules for
    e-commerce are available, and are extendible).

    Are there recent accessible statistics available, comparing these
    metrics across the most popular web-frameworks? (i.e. Symfony, DJango,
    Rails, ASP.NET &etc)
    Did you by any chance post a similar question to mailing lists for
    other web frameworks you refer to? If so, could you supply a pointer
    to those discussions? I am quite curious what the opinions are about
    this question on the lists of other web frameworks.

    Thanks,

    Peter