Hi all,
Recently i hosted on rails website. Rails version is 3.0.10.
The application is still in the development phase. so i set Rails.env
= 'development'
Problem is that all the files in public folder are not accessible in
the browser. All the images and stylesheets are appearing. Any clue
where is it going wrong?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

Search Discussions

  • Walter Lee Davis at Nov 1, 2011 at 3:43 pm

    On Nov 1, 2011, at 11:39 AM, venkata reddy wrote:

    Hi all,
    Recently i hosted on rails website. Rails version is 3.0.10.
    The application is still in the development phase. so i set Rails.env
    = 'development'
    Problem is that all the files in public folder are not accessible in
    the browser. All the images and stylesheets are appearing. Any clue
    where is it going wrong?
    Did you check permissions on the server? What does Firebug or Safari Web Console say about the URL? Does it give a missing error or a permissions denied error?

    Walter

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
    To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.
  • Venkata reddy at Nov 1, 2011 at 5:05 pm
    Yes i checked them with firebug and its giving the error 'failed to
    load the given url" but the same image urls on localhost are working
    fine.

    And regarding file permissions, all the folders are having 755 and all
    files(atomic) are having 644. That is Cent OS VPS, and case sensitive.
    But i did everything fine as far as i know.
    On Nov 1, 8:43 pm, Walter Lee Davis wrote:
    On Nov 1, 2011, at 11:39 AM, venkata reddy wrote:

    Hi all,
    Recently i hosted on rails website. Rails version is 3.0.10.
    The application is still in the development phase.  so i set Rails.env
    = 'development'
    Problem is that all the files in public folder are not accessible in
    the browser. All the images and stylesheets are appearing. Any clue
    where is it going wrong?
    Did you check permissions on the server? What does Firebug or Safari Web Console say about the URL? Does it give a missing error or a permissions denied error?

    Walter
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
    To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.
  • Venkata reddy at Nov 1, 2011 at 5:26 pm
    Infact some images and stylesheets are having 600, but they should be
    644. I changed and now working fine.
    Thanks!
    On Nov 1, 10:5 pm, venkata reddy wrote:
    Yes i checked them with firebug and its giving the error 'failed to
    load the given url" but the same image urls on localhost are working
    fine.

    And regarding file permissions, all the folders are having 755 and all
    files(atomic) are having 644. That is Cent OS VPS, and case sensitive.
    But i did everything fine as far as i know.

    On Nov 1, 8:43 pm, Walter Lee Davis wrote:






    On Nov 1, 2011, at 11:39 AM, venkata reddy wrote:

    Hi all,
    Recently i hosted on rails website. Rails version is 3.0.10.
    The application is still in the development phase.  so i set Rails.env
    = 'development'
    Problem is that all the files in public folder are not accessible in
    the browser. All the images and stylesheets are appearing. Any clue
    where is it going wrong?
    Did you check permissions on the server? What does Firebug or Safari Web Console say about the URL? Does it give a missing error or a permissions denied error?
    Walter
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
    To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
grouprubyonrails-talk @
categoriesrubyonrails
postedNov 1, '11 at 3:40p
activeNov 1, '11 at 5:26p
posts4
users2
websiterubyonrails.org
irc#RubyOnRails

2 users in discussion

Venkata reddy: 3 posts Walter Lee Davis: 1 post

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase