I have a route that is something like this

match '/:token' => 'users#new'

This token is 8 digit alphanumeric. I want to add validations on it so
that it matches with the route only when there are 8 digits present in
token.

How can I do that.

  • Everaldo Gomes at Oct 31, 2011 at 9:57 pm
    Hi!

    Try this:

    match ':/:token' => 'users#new' , constraints => { :token =>
    /[a-zA-Z0-9]{8}/ }

    There is \w in regexp that means letter, number and underscore (accordlying
    rubular.com) , but I don't know if your token accepts underscores.

    I have a route that is something like this

    match '/:token' => 'users#new'

    This token is 8 digit alphanumeric. I want to add validations on it so
    that it matches with the route only when there are 8 digits present in
    token.

    How can I do that.

  • Nikhil Goyal at Oct 31, 2011 at 11:36 pm

    match ':/:token' => 'users#new' , constraints => {  :token =>
    /[a-zA-Z0-9]{8}/ }

    There is \w in regexp that means letter, number and underscore (accordlying
    rubular.com) , but I don't know if your token accepts underscores.

    No there are no underscores. only alphabets and numbers.

  • Everaldo Gomes at Nov 1, 2011 at 12:03 am
    match ':/:token' => 'users#new' , constraints => { :token =>
    /[a-zA-Z0-9]{8}/ }

    There is \w in regexp that means letter, number and underscore
    (accordlying
    rubular.com) , but I don't know if your token accepts underscores.

    No there are no underscores. only alphabets and numbers.
    So, try using /[a-zA-Z0-9]/ as your constraint. I can't remember a shortcut
    for alphanumeric, if there is one.