Hello there.

A friend of mine asked me to finish RoR project. Project is almost
finished, but there are plenty of bugs to be fixed.
I don't have Ruby and RoR experience, but I have degree in software
engineering and some C\C++\Python(not Django)\CUDA knowledge. What
should I read first to get into Ruby and RoR? I know the basics, so I
don't need beginners tutorial or something like that.
I don't have time to read big books, because deadline is in 3 months.

Thanks in advance.

  • Karthikeyan at Oct 27, 2011 at 11:18 am
    Try buying the book "Agile Web Development with Rails". It might help.
    There is also good rails documentation available at http://rubyonrails.org/documentation
    . Browse through http://rubonrails.org to know more about Rails. And
    never hesitate to ask doubts in this group.

    If you dont know Ruby / HTML/ CSS , you must learn them first. You can
    try m free ruby book @ http://mindaslab.in/ilr . For HTMML and CS
    there is plenty of tutorial on web like http://w3schools.com
    A friend of mine asked me to finish RoR project. Project is almost
    finished, but there are plenty of bugs to be fixed.
    I don't have Ruby and RoR experience, but I have degree in software
    engineering and some C\C++\Python(not Django)\CUDA knowledge. What
    should I read first to get into Ruby and RoR? I know the basics, so I
    don't need beginners tutorial or something like that.
    I don't have time to read big books, because deadline is in 3 months.

    Thanks in advance.

  • Michael Pavling at Oct 27, 2011 at 12:06 pm