Check out the Ruby on Rails page on my web site at:
http://jasonhsu.com/ror.html

I've included my procedure for installing Ruby on Rails in Linux Mint
Debian Edition. That's right, I'm no longer dependent on Ubuntu or
Ubuntu-based Linux distros for developing Ruby on Rails applications.
Linux Mint Debian Edition offers the smoothness and user-friendliness
of its Ubuntu-based counterparts without the heavy Ubuntu overhead.
And given the uncertainties about the future of Ubuntu, I prefer not
depending on this distro.

My page will point you to my deployment of the chapter 2 demo app from
the 4th edition of the book _Agile Web Development with Rails_.

I will be adding additional procedures and links to additional
deployments in the days ahead.

  • Colin Law at Oct 27, 2011 at 2:37 pm

    Check out the Ruby on Rails page on my web site at:
    http://jasonhsu.com/ror.html

    I've included my procedure for installing Ruby on Rails in Linux Mint
    Debian Edition.  That's right, I'm no longer dependent on Ubuntu or
    Ubuntu-based Linux distros for developing Ruby on Rails applications.
    Just for the record I believe that Mint *is* Ubuntu based, as mentioned on
    http://www.linuxmint.com/about.php

    Colin
    Linux Mint Debian Edition offers the smoothness and user-friendliness
    of its Ubuntu-based counterparts without the heavy Ubuntu overhead.
    And given the uncertainties about the future of Ubuntu, I prefer not
    depending on this distro.

    My page will point you to my deployment of the chapter 2 demo app from
    the 4th edition of the book _Agile Web Development with Rails_.

    I will be adding additional procedures and links to additional
    deployments in the days ahead.
  • Jason Hsu, Mr. Swift Linux at Oct 27, 2011 at 2:49 pm
    While Linux Mint still offers the traditional Ubuntu-based editions,
    it now offers the Debian Edition that is based directly on Debian and
    bypasses Ubuntu.
    While Linux Mint still offers the traditional Ubuntu-based editions,
    it now offers the Debian Edition that is based directly on Debian and
    bypasses Ubuntu.
    Apologies, I did not read your post carefully enough.

    Colin