Good afternoon,

I'm looking at all the notable CMSs and web-frameworks across any language
(C++, Ruby, Python, Perl, .NET, PHP), for an e-commerce solution which suits
my project.

Basically I'm creating an e-commerce store of e-commerce stores. So for all
e-commerce stores integrated with this system, there is a shared user
database and shopping cart integrated with PayPal (but preferably multiple
payment gateways).

Would Rails be a good choice for developing this project?

i.e. are there many predone components for this kind of thing which can be
utilised to speedup development time?

Also, is Rails scalable enough for a system of this sort, or should I pick a
competitor?

Thanks for all suggestions,

Alec Taylor

  • Everaldo Gomes at Oct 24, 2011 at 11:55 am
    Hi!

    Take a look at Spree:

    http://spreecommerce.com/

    Best Regards,