Hi!

I'm developing an application at two different computers, using Dropbox
to synchronize my files. I feel quite sure that the configuration of
rails, ruby, editor and the lot is identical on both computers and
up-to-date.
But strangely, when I start the server for testing purposes (with "rails
server") on one machine, everything works just fine, while the other
machine returns a syntax error (see attachment).

Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be?
Thanks in advance!

Attachments:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/6697/attachment.txt

  • Frederick Cheung at Oct 22, 2011 at 11:23 pm

    I'm developing an application at two different computers, using Dropbox
    to synchronize my files. I feel quite sure that the  configuration of
    rails, ruby, editor and the lot is identical on both computers and
    up-to-date.
    I'd strongly recommend using a version control system for this (git,
    mercurial etc.) rather than something like dropbox
    But strangely, when I start the server for testing purposes (with "rails
    server") on one machine, everything works just fine, while the other
    machine returns a syntax error (see attachment).

    Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be?
    Thanks in advance!
    Hard to be sure with only a snippet of the file, but that one line
    would only be valid in ruby 1.9, not ruby 1.8 and the rest of the
    stack trace indicates that ruby 1.8 is being used.

    Fred
    Attachments:http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/6697/attachment.txt

  • Radhames brito at Oct 23, 2011 at 1:43 am
    ...sion_store :cookie_store, key: '_suggestMe_session'

    seems to be using ruby 1.9 hash types that are like json hashes , and those
    are not supported on ruby 1.8