Hi

I'm not sure if this is a Rails thing, browse thing, Apache thing or
what, but whenever I load a page using #! in my app the # is removed
from the url.

For example, I put this into the browse:

/browse/#!/color

press enter, and the resulting url is

/browse/!/color

when the page loads. Anyone know why?

Thanks

  • Colin Law at Oct 12, 2011 at 8:01 pm

    I'm not sure if this is a Rails thing, browse thing, Apache thing or
    what, but whenever I load a page using #! in my app the # is removed
    from the url.

    For example, I put this into the browse:

    /browse/#!/color

    press enter, and the resulting url is

    /browse/!/color

    when the page loads.  Anyone know why?
    # is not allowed in the main part of a url, it signifies a bookmark/anchor. Try
    /browse/%23!/color
    though the %23 is from memory, google for url encoding if it is wrong.

    Colin