I have set my routes.rb to point to the welcom#index I generated using
the railsinstaller.org instructions and on my local machine I can view
the page, but when I push my app to a cloud server (I've tried both
engine yard and heroku) I get either the index.html (in the public
folder) or the 500.html when I delete the index.html.

How do I get my welcome>index.html.erb to load instead of the 500.html?

  • Hassan Schroeder at Oct 5, 2011 at 9:44 pm

    I have set my routes.rb to point to the welcom#index I generated using
    the railsinstaller.org instructions and on my local machine I can view
    the page, but when I push my app to a cloud server (I've tried both
    engine yard and heroku) I get either the index.html (in the public
    folder) or the 500.html when I delete the index.html.
    So what's the error in your log?

    http://about.me/hassanschroeder
    twitter: @hassan