When I write

var x = "<%= select_tag(:activity_group,
options_for_select(activity_grp),{:include_blank => 'Create New
Group', :style => 'width: 100px'}) %>";
where <% activity_grp = @activity_group.map { |ag| [ag.name,
ag.id] } %>

However, I get error (missing ; before statement) in Firebug because

var x = "<select id="activity_group" name="activity_group"
style="width: 100px"><option value="">Create New Group</option><option
value="1">Movie</option>
<option value="2">Report</option>";

the code generated takes more than one line without concat the entire
output. I tried html_safe as well it does not works

Can anyone guide me who came across this error before?

  • Dave Aronson at Oct 6, 2011 at 1:27 pm