Hi, I can't find any information about how to run a before filter in a model
or a condition check, that will indicate the model instance should be
ignored/not persisted if the check return true or some other value.

Basically, I want a mechanism that will ignore the call to
persist/save/create a model instance if a certain attribute is blank, that I
can call from within the model itself. Is this possible?

It should not be something that I do on the controller side btw.

Any pointers appreciated!

  • Colin Law at Oct 6, 2011 at 8:50 am

    Hi, I can't find any information about how to run a before filter in a model
    or a condition check, that will indicate the model instance should be
    ignored/not persisted if the check return true or some other value.
    Basically, I want a mechanism that will ignore the call to
    persist/save/create a model instance if a certain attribute is blank, that I
    can call from within the model itself. Is this possible?
    It should not be something that I do on the controller side btw.
    Any pointers appreciated!
    This is exactly what model validations do, for example
    validates_presence_of will cause a save/update to fail if the
    attribute is not set.

    Colin