Hello,

I have a problem for testing Paypal with the "IPN Simulator". When I
enter the url "http://localhost:3000/commande/notify_paypal" I have the
error "IPN delivery failed. Unable to connect to the specified URL. It's
the same think in my application, IPN doesn't work. Please verify the
URL and try again.". Of course, this is a valid URL. I think it's caused
by the port number. I tried to install passenger to resolve that but
passenger doesn't work.

Have you a solution?

Regards,
Guirec CORBEL.

  • Pete at Oct 2, 2011 at 7:54 am
    Because you are using localhost there is no way the IPN can reach your
    url.
    I am using curl, for example:

    curl -d
    "txn_id=447364604D4738257f&invoice=1235456&payment_status=Completed"
    http://localhost:3000/payment_notifications

    However I prefer having an instance running on Heroku
    Not required but I Set RAILS_ENV and RAILS_RACK to test