I am testing some code to be used out of an Rails app, using JQuery
and jQuery-ui
as the final html code will have links to CDN-hosted libraries, with
links to
src : "http:////ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.6.4/
jquery.min.js" and
src: "http//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.7.1/jquery-
ui.min.js"

how can I use these standards with Rails 3.1 assets ?
should I modify the application.js and get rid of //= require query
I'm a little bit lost ...

  • Martin Wawrusch at Sep 28, 2011 at 1:32 pm
    See here:

    application.js

    // This is a manifest file that'll be compiled into including all the files
    listed below.
    // Add new JavaScript/Coffee code in separate files in this directory and
    they'll automatically
    // be included in the compiled file accessible from
    http://example.com/assets/application.js
    // It's not advisable to add code directly here, but if you do, it'll appear
    at the bottom of the
    // the compiled file.
    //
    //= require jquery_ujs
    // your stuff below

    jquery.js

    // This is a manifest file that'll be compiled into including all the files
    listed below.
    // Add new JavaScript/Coffee code in separate files in this directory and
    they'll automatically
    // be included in the compiled file accessible from
    http://example.com/assets/application.js
    // It's not advisable to add code directly here, but if you do, it'll appear
    at the bottom of the
    // the compiled file.
    //
    // This is the fallback file that is used when all other things fail.
    //= require jquery
    //= require jquery-ui

    head.js

    // This is a manifest file that'll be compiled into including all the files
    listed below.
    // Add new JavaScript/Coffee code in separate files in this directory and
    they'll automatically
    // be included in the compiled file accessible from
    http://example.com/assets/application.js
    // It's not advisable to add code directly here, but if you do, it'll appear
    at the bottom of the
    // the compiled file.
    //
    //
    //= require external_head/modernizr-2.0

    your footer template (I left a lot of other stuff in there, might be
    helpful)
    %script{:type=>'text/javascript'}
    ="window.loginStatus = {loggedIn: #{current_user ? 'true' : 'false'} ,
    service_facebook : #{current_user && current_user.service_facebook? ? 'true'
    : 'false'} , service_twitter : #{current_user &&
    current_user.service_twitter? ? 'true' : 'false'} };"

    = javascript_include_tag "http://connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js"
    = javascript_include_tag "
    http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/#{APP_JQUERY_VERSION}/jquery.min.js
    "
    = javascript_include_tag "
    http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/#{APP_JQUERYUI_VERSION}/jquery-ui.min.js
    "

    -jquery_path = asset_path('jquery.js')
    :javascript
    !window.jQuery && document.write(unescape('%3Cscript
    src="#{jquery_path}"%3E%3C/script%3E'))
    = javascript_include_tag "
    http://maps.google.com/maps/api/js?sensor=false&key=#{APP_GOOGLE_MAPS_KEY}"

    = yield :templates

    = javascript_include_tag "application", :debug => Rails.env.development?

    /[if lt IE 8 ]
    = javascript_include_tag '
    http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/chrome-frame/1/CFInstall.min.js'
    :javascript
    try { CFInstall.check({mode: "overlay",destination: "http://freshfugu.com"});
    } catch(ex) {}

    -# Append your own using content_for :javascripts
    = yield :javascripts

    -# yui profiler and profileviewer
    -#- if Rails.env == 'development'
    -# = javascript_include_tag 'profiling/yahoo-profiling.min',
    'profiling/config'