I agree completely. So much.

There are many great things about Rails but I've lost so much time
trying to accomplish slightly off pattern things, the sort of things a
real project needs.

I believe that this is what holds Rails back. The initial learning
curve is shallow and exciting but can become very steep.

I wish I had learned more about ruby in the beginning.

  • Hassan Schroeder at Sep 22, 2011 at 3:59 pm

    I believe that this is what holds Rails back.
    Just curious -- in which parallel universe is Rails being "held back"?

    http://about.me/hassanschroeder
    twitter: @hassan